Welcome to Best Field Hockey Sticks.
We have made some changes and updates recently and are now happy to present unique field hockey stick information for the first time! We have been working hard in recent months and are pleased to bring the results of our research to our site viewers. While there are a variety of field hockey equipment and stick reviews out there on the web, there is no studies or research to verify what sticks really are the best. UNTIL NOW! We have gathered a huge amount of data to reveal what really are the best sticks out there. Our research also includes what are the best field hockey shoes too. Broken down into useful categories for you. Check the results below!
|Best Stick Brands||Sticks for Forwards||Midfielders|
Also Check Out our new BUYING GUIDE, sort through the best field hockey sticks available, by; Price, Power, and level.
Our purpose here is to review as many of the top field hockey sticks currently available in the US so you can make an informed decision when choosing your next stick or piece of equipment.There are so many options available these days its hard to know what stick is going to be best for you or your child. We compare all the major brands not favoring one over the other but rather just looking at the attributes of each stick or piece of equipment.
Best Field Hockey Stick Brands
These days there are a lot of good brands out there making quality field hockey sticks. The technology and designs have improved greatly over the last ten years which has enhanced players potential. For the top sticks from the major brands check out this page.
These days there are a lot of good brands out there making quality field hockey sticks. The technology and designs have improved greatly over the last ten years which has enhanced players potential. For the top sticks from the major brands check out this page. Best Field Hockey stick by brand.
Check out the our list of some great goalie sticks with individual reviews on each.
- OBO Fatboy Field Hockey Goalie Stick – The most trusted brand in goal keeping gear, this is truly a quality stick. See more info…
- STX Field Hockey Shield Goalie Stick – Great value for money, well priced fully composite goalie stick. See more info…
- Grays GX 4000 Goalie Composite Field Hockey Stick – Excellent lightweight keepers stick for advanced players at a good price. See more info…
Best Youth Field Hockey Sticks
We have put together a list of the best field hockey sticks for young players ready to take their game to the next level. Also these are cheap field hockey sticks suitable for competitive players on a club level. See below for some of out top picks.
- Adidas LX24 Compo 5 – great stick for aiding players with greater ball control when developing their dribbling skills.
- Grays GX4000 – Great stick with Gray’s new scoop contour toe provides better ball control during dribbling.
- TK Trillium 4 – Great stick that lets you convert your maximum effort into maximum output, made of 70 % Carbon.
For the full list and reviews check out this page – Youth Field Hockey Sticks
Are you are your child just getting into the game and looking for a good beginners stick that won’t cost a fortune? Well check out some pretty cheap field hockey sticks that are great quality.
- Grays Surf 500 – Maxi shaped head provides bigger surface area soft feel/comfort during the game.
- DITA Exa 500 NRT – 100% composite stick with at J-Shape head that gives players the ability to dribble faster.
- STX Surgeon 100 – Professional grade stick for beginners, great fully composite stick.
Sticks By Position
What field hockey stick you need can heavily depend on what position you usually play or what style of play.
Forwards typically need a light weight stick that offers the greatest amount of ball control for getting past opponents. Putting shots away is whats its all about so a stick that can deliver a powerful hit or flick with good accuracy is also what you want.
For more info on sticks for forwards and recommendations have a look here…
Defenders need a stick that is durable and solid. Laying down tackles is a big part of a defenders position so what your stick is made out of will make a big difference in extending its lifespan. A lot of defenders also like to have something that has a lot of power to deliver the ball out of defense quickly. For more info on stick characteristics that suit a defender check out the full page tips.
A mid-fielder’s stick is as the name suggests, some thing in middle of an attacking an defending stick. You need control as you are generally getting most of the play, so you don’t want to lose the ball when you have it. You will also need to be able to make tackles often but still have an agile stick in hand for dribbling skills. The other critical factor is being able to deliver a solid pass to your forwards.
For information and recommendations for whats the best field hockey stick for a midfielder check out the full page.
Top Level Elite Field Hockey Sticks
We have put together a recommendation list of what we believe are the best field hockey sticks in 2015/2016 currently available for competitive and advanced players.
To see all the reviews the top field hockey sticks for sale this year. Check out our Top Ten Field Hockey Sticks Page
Thinking about getting into field hockey and want to know what type of shoes field hockey players use? Or are you current pair of shoes due for a replacement ? Well we share the most popular and used shoes brands by international players. We also give reviews of our Top 3 Women’s and Men’s outdoor field hockey shoes and our Top 3 INDOOR Field Hockey Shoes reviews for competitive players. Also understand the four critical elements to look for when choosing a pair of field hockey shoes.
If your tired of awarkly carrying around your field hockey sticks and equipment, its time to think about a stick bag or backpack.
Stick Bags and Backpacks can make getting ready for games, training and tournaments much easier. You carry carry from 1 to 4 sticks plus lots of gear like shin pads, mouthguards, gloves, balls and clothing. Check out the best bags available online here.
Field Hockey Accessories You Should Know About…
- Field Hockey Gloves – If your have been playing field hockey for a while you know why these can come in handy! And if you are new to the sport check out this page to learn how to protect your hands and fingers from minor and major pain while playing!
- Field Hockey Stick Grips – A little know fact about field hockey sticks is that a lot still come with very average grips on the handle, most experienced competitive players replace the stock grip from their stick with something that works better with their style of play, found out why here….
Additional Field Hockey Stick Information
Field Hockey Stick Sizing
Curious about field hockey stick sizes ? Want to know the different size sticks available and what stick size is right for you? Check out our Stick Size Guide here.
The evolution of the field hockey stick
Can you guess which sport is the most popular on the Indian subcontinent? Well, for those uninformed, it is field hockey, and not only in that part of the world. Field hockey is very popular in Western Europe, South America and Australia. In a game such as field hockey, the equipment is really important. Besides talent, will and motivation, every professional field hockey player must have quality equipment, and the most important part of it is the stick. There are many different types of the best field hockey sticks 2015. There are different sticks for amateurs and advanced players and aside from the player’s skill, quality of the stick is crucial. In this text, we will try to follow the evolution of that stick – how it looked years ago, when the sport was still young, and how it looks now with all the improvements, science and techniques. See how field hockey technology is helping out NCAA players at NCAA Field Hockey.
Old hockey stick
In the 19th century England, field hockey was developing as a young sport with a good perspective for the future. As we already said, when it comes to field hockey, the equipment is crucial, especially the stick. In that time, the stick was made of wood. Wood was the only material for stick construction and didn’t leave any possibility to players to play as well as they can. It was really a humble edition of the stick according to modern standards. After so many years, we now have modern and improved sticks.
New, modern field hockey stick
Today, when field hockey players choose their stick they must pay attention to different things, such as: position, level of play, size, toe design, composition, weight and bow. In the past, choices such as these were very limited. Nowadays, you can choose the material that works best for you and your game, and that proves that field hockey has developed as a game and that the field hockey stick has also developed technically to progress the sport furhter. Today, you have so many models on the market and there are a lot of companies that produce sticks. It is on you to find right field hockey stick for you and to use it on the field. Every company is trying to produce the best field hockey stick in the world, making for rapid advances in field hockey technology.
Want to know what is the best field hockey stick in the world? check out our list of the Top 10 Field Hockey Sticks.
Field Hockey Stick Parts
A stick has 6 parts and the first is the handle/shaft/grip – located on the top end of the stick, it mainly has tape wrapped around it, or high-tack grip, which allows easier swings and more maneuverability. The second is the head – this part of the stick is the most used part, as it is in direct contact with both the ball and the field. The third part is the heel – the point where the head and the toe of the stick join together. The fourth part is the toe – depending on position and player’s skill level, this part offers various benefits. It is the ball-striking area. The fifth part is scoop – 2mm part located on the head, which helps when keeping the ball (called cradling), and maneuvering it around. And the last part is bow – the bend in the stick’s body, which can have a focal point at various places on the stick. It cannot be longer than 25mm, though.
In general, the best field hockey sticks 2016 offer the opportunity to a player to show his talent and to develop his or her game to the next level. From wooden sticks in the middle 19th century to modern composite sticks that bring opportunity for improvement, there have been many variations on the subject. With help of science and chemistry, today we have solid, functional high performance sticks. But do not forget, stick is only a part of the equipment – real heroes on the field are players who show their talents and skills in this beautiful sport- field hockey.
See image below for a better idea of the parts that make up the best field hockey stick.
Field Hockey Stick Research
The Best field hockey stick in the World –The Ultimate Brand Review conducted with the most conclusive results.
How the data was gathered and presented
- We compiled a list of over 200 top ranking international players and checked what stick they used to ensure their latest stick was reported.
- Covered players from more than 8 different strong field hockey countries both male and female.
- Three categories were created, Defender, Midfielder and Forward. Of course forward includes strikers, including wingers, and a center forward along with inside forwards which often cross over rolls with a midfielder. This being said it was fair enough to group them all in as forwards as they will all be in the attacking D during a game ready to score.
- Impact of Sponsorship; looking at this data, first thing you might think is, “well this doesn’t mean anything, players just will take whatever sponsorship deal they get, or whoever gives them the best incentives.” This might be one way to look at it but try looking at it another way. The athletes are all international players, the best of the best, this reason they get sponsorship deals in the first place. Would they really use a field hockey stick that isn’t going to allow them to perform to their maximum? The stick is a field hockey plays number one tool. International players do not use a specific stick because they are paid to, the stick is part of what lets them be great. They use a stick that suits them and is excellent in quality and performance. International players change brand and model of stick as often as they feel necessary. Field hockey Brands are always offering top players gear, they only take the stick believer will the job, which is winning international games.